Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

libere loqui amicus
Please Read NOTICES and RULES

Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside
libere loqui amicus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats And Their Owners - Just Who Do They Think They Are?

4 posters

Go down

Cats And Their Owners - Just Who Do They Think They Are? Empty Cats And Their Owners - Just Who Do They Think They Are?

Post by BigAndy9 Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:49 am

3rd November 2015

OK, they love their animals and maybe they don't think, so i'll spell it out.

Background: a "beloved pet" was mauled by a dog who's owner was a few yards away, ran over and got the dog off the cat but then walked away with the dog.

Cue the "heartbroken" owner of the cat (who wasn't around) "How could you do that?".

Some readers comments:

Just disgusting had the woman no heart her animal killed someone's precious pet shame on you and your dog should be on a lead

Find them and put both of them to sleep. If the dog can do that to a helpless aging cat, then what can it do to a small baby?!

Evil bloody woman, that dog should have been under control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3299271/Sickening-CCTV-footage-shows-moment-beloved-cat-mauled-death-dog-owner-walks-away-without-helping.html

So, where was the cat owner? At least the dog owner was keeping an eye on her pet. Why was a vulnerable cat wandering the streets - "my pet is part of the family" - well would you let your child wander the streets? Why wasn't a muzzle on the cat? Why wasn't a lead on the cat?

Please discuss.
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Cats And Their Owners - Just Who Do They Think They Are? Empty Re: Cats And Their Owners - Just Who Do They Think They Are?

Post by Vicar of Dibley Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:32 am

cats are independent they wonder about and don't generally just attack other animals or people , it has been know that they can attack people but usually they just wonder about .
Cats are not taken for walks on leads (has been known, but not common)

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Cats And Their Owners - Just Who Do They Think They Are? Empty Re: Cats And Their Owners - Just Who Do They Think They Are?

Post by Vicar of Dibley Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:36 am

Just watched footage and i have to say that the owner is disgusting and that dog she owns needed a muzzle , the cat was old and was on its own front , I am angry at this and would want revenge on the dog in fact probably want it put down along with the owner .
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:44 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:cats are independent they wonder about and don't generally just attack other animals or people , it has been know that they can attack people but usually they just wonder about .

Oh really?

Do you know any bird owners VOD?

You do now - my child owns beautiful birds, tiny little innocent things who are kept in a cage, in a garden with a fence all the way around on our property.  We make sure they don't "wander" on to other peoples' property.

And some nasty cat owner had the audacity to let their cat come on to our property, go in to one of our outbuildings and push over our cage, which crash to the ground and our birds flew off (to their certain demise within a couple of days).

I went in to work the next day and told an idiot cat owner who just a few weeks before had told me about an operation he had paid for on one of his old cats "because they are family" - a shrug of the shoulders and a "what can you do, they're cats" was all he could offer.

edit: oh, and it isn't just our family - there are many people whose lives are ruined by cat owners!
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:56 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:cats are independent they wonder about and don't generally just attack other animals or people , it has been know that they can attack people but usually they just wonder about .

Oh really?

You do now - my child owns beautiful birds, tiny little innocent things who are kept in a cage, in a garden with a fence all the way around on our property.  We make sure they don't "wander" on to other peoples' property.

And some nasty cat owner had the audacity to let their cat come on to our property, go in to one of our outbuildings and push over our cage, which crash to the ground and our birds flew off (to their certain demise within a couple of days).

I went in to work the next day and told an idiot cat owner who just a few weeks before had told me about an operation he had paid for on one of his old cats "because they are family" - a shrug of the shoulders and a "what can you do, they're cats" was all he could offer.

edit: oh, and it isn't just our family - there are many people whose lives are ruined by cat owners!

owners don't teach cats to be aggressive, nature sort of deals with that....
Dog owners often teach bad habits to their pets that's a big difference...
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:58 am

heavenlyfather wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Oh really?

Ridiculous HF.

Cats are fluffy things that any dog would love to "rag" around - you don't have to teach your dog to be nasty for it to do that.

And that has nothing to do with it - cats, the property of people, should not be going on to other peoples' property - once they do, they are fair game.

If a dog or person hopped over a fence there would be tears a plenty.
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:05 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
heavenlyfather wrote:

Ridiculous HF.

Cats are fluffy things that any dog would love to "rag" around - you don't have to teach your dog to be nasty for it to do that.

And that has nothing to do with it - cats, the property of people, should not be going on to other peoples' property - once they do, they are fair game.

cats by nature are travellers, they have areas that they consider there territory. if they get hurt when traveling that's can happen but i wouldn't expect dog owners to openly encourage their pets to be aggressive to other animals...

cats don't harm humans.. well not normally alleges i guess but so can any pet..
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:38 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
heavenlyfather wrote:

Ridiculous HF.

But the cat in the news story you posted to discuss wasn't on the dog owners property , it was on its own front when it was attacked Rolling Eyes
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:41 am

dogs are nastier than cats where humans are concerned, a cat will usually run off when approached by strangers .

Birds can fly off to safety a cat being attacked by a vicious dog has no real chance .

Your daughters birds were not harmed by the cats were they , as the flew off whereas the cat was mauled and left to die suffering by an irresponsible owner .
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:48 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Ridiculous HF.

But the cat in the news story you posted to discuss wasn't on the dog owners property , it was on its own front when it was attacked Rolling Eyes

So it was in a public place?

Well in public, dogs and cats can do what they want then. If a cat did anything in a public place it would be a shrug and "so what".

If it were in the cats garden then i could understand the outrage, but it wasn't.
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm outraged that the owner had a swinging brick for a heart and left the cat suffering .
If i saw any animal dying in pain i couldn't just pass it by .
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:05 pm

would you have stood by and watched the cat die simply because it was dying in a public place even though just outside its owners home ? Andy
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:would you have stood by and watched the cat die simply because it was dying in a public place even though just outside its owners home ? Andy

Ah well that's the one point where i wasn't happy with the dog owner.

Should have taken the cat home and patched it up, kept it warm etc.
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:31 pm

or taken it to a vet , they would take in injured animals .
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:34 pm

I am irritated that other people's cats shit in my garden (actually not so much now I've moved?) but if I let my (future) dog shit in their garden......??
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down