Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

libere loqui amicus
Please Read NOTICES and RULES

Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside
libere loqui amicus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Christian daily devotional to start your day the best way...

+2
Raggamuffin
Vicar of Dibley
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Christian daily devotional to start your day the best way... Empty A Christian daily devotional to start your day the best way...

Post by heavenlyfather Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Nov
Jude 1:20
But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
When my daughter Jessica was little, she woke up one night crying. She was not sick, but would not stop crying even though her mother and I tried to pacify her. I did not know what to do. I went to the restroom, sat on the floor and cried out, “Holy Spirit, You know what is wrong with my child. You know what she needs better than I do, so I yield her to You now.” I started praying in tongues and she stopped crying immediately!

Now, I wish that such instantaneous results are the norm, but they are not. On another occasion, I experienced severe pain from the back of my neck to my shoulders. I prayed for healing, but the pain persisted for quite some time and I was quite concerned.

One night, in my room, I knelt down and prayed, “Holy Spirit, You know this condition. I don’t know what it is, but I am asking You to make perfect prayer against this condition.” I started praying in tongues. I don’t know how long I prayed, maybe an hour or so, until I felt the burden lift. I finally fell asleep, still in pain. But when I woke up, all the pain was gone!

When you are faced with a crisis, you can tell the Holy Spirit, “I don’t know how to pray about this problem. I have done everything I know, but I don’t seem to be getting my breakthrough. Help me pray, Holy Spirit.”

And as you pray in the Spirit, you will feel like there is a prayer going on within you. Flow with it until you feel a release. You will feel peace, the burden lifting and a note of victory inside you. The Holy Spirit will assure you that everything is going to be all right or He will prompt you to do something. Then, you will find that what has been hindering you from receiving your breakthrough is removed, and in its place is the answer you need!

Thought For The Day
When you don’t know what else to do and don’t seem to be getting the breakthrough you need, ask the Holy Spirit to help you pray.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

A Christian daily devotional to start your day the best way... Empty Re: A Christian daily devotional to start your day the best way...

Post by heavenlyfather Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:47 am

Nov
Leviticus 16:14 He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times.
If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate—the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then?

There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s rejection of His standard of holiness.

But because God delights in mercy, He had these items put away in the ark and covered with the mercy seat, which had two cherubim on it. (Hebrews 9:5) And once a year, the high priest would enter the holy of holies where the ark was and sprinkle the blood of the animal sacrifice on the mercy seat. This means that God’s eyes, represented by the eyes of the cherubim, did not see the symbols of man’s rebellion. As long as the blood was there on the mercy seat, He saw only the blood and accepted the people.

Today, Jesus is our High Priest and He Himself has sprinkled His own blood on the true mercy seat in heaven—the throne of grace. (Hebrews 9:23–26) Interestingly, the number of times that the Old Testament high priest had to sprinkle the blood on the mercy seat—seven—speaks of Jesus’ perfect sacrifice. And because His sacrifice is perfect and He is perfect, we who are in Christ have perfect standing forever before God!

My friend, as you come to God today, don’t worry about falling short of His standard of holiness. He does not see your sins. (Hebrews 8:12, 10:17) He sees His Son’s blood on the mercy seat. You have perfect standing before Him forever!

Thought For The Day
God does not see your sins. He sees only His Son’s blood on the mercy seat.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

A Christian daily devotional to start your day the best way... Empty Re: A Christian daily devotional to start your day the best way...

Post by Vicar of Dibley Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:35 am

I am pleased this devotional has started again , thank you vic for this section .
At least it won't be abused on here and it would be great for some input from others too .

Have a blessed day everyone cheers
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Great to see this thread started up again

Would like to see Zack here posting up some nice quotes

At the end of the day, whatever the religion, the words and the morals are lovely x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:27 pm

eddie wrote:Great to see this thread started up again

At the end of the day, whatever the religion, the words and the morals are lovely x

I agree eddie , there are always inspiring words in any religion and i would love to see different quotes .

I love some of the Chinese proverbs .

花有重开日,人无再少年huā yǒu chóng kāi rì, rén wú zài shào nián, - Flowers may bloom again, but a person never has the chance to be young again. So don't waste your time.
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:46 pm

I like that!

They also have another saying I like:

You cannot push the river

In other words, let go and let God x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:56 pm

A man who seeks revenge should first dig two graves...
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:13 am

Nov
Romans 5:20
Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
When a top executive is charged for corruption or a church minister is caught in the very act of adultery, you will probably hear the phrase “fallen from grace” being used of them. We have come to believe that when someone falls into sin, he falls from grace.

But God wants us to know that when someone falls into sin, he does not fall from grace—he actually falls into grace! Thank God His grace is there to put the person back on his feet.

The Bible tells of prostitutes and corrupt tax collectors—sinners—who fell into God’s grace and got back on their feet. If the sin in their lives could stop God’s grace, they would never have been able to receive His grace of healing, help and power to live right.

Now, it is important you understand that God hates sin because it destroys our lives, relationships and bodies. Sin is evil! But sin is not overcome by us talking about it and relying on our willpower to overcome it. It takes God’s grace to destroy sin. In fact, it is when you are under His grace that sin has no dominion over you. (Romans 6:14) It is when you see His grace in providing His Son to put away your sins and make you eternally righteous that sin will not dominate you.

The devil will say to you, “You think that you can still expect God’s blessings after what you did this morning?” That is when you must remind yourself that Christ alone is your perfection and righteousness. All of us have faults. None of us deserve God’s blessings. That is why we plead the grace of God, which is His unearned, unmerited and undeserved favor toward us.

Sin does not and cannot stop God’s grace. If His grace can be cut off by sin, Jesus would never have come to save us because we were all terrible sinners. But praise God, “where sin abounded, grace abounded much more”!

My friend, God’s grace is bigger, deeper, wider and more powerful than all the world’s sins put together. Receive His grace right now to walk in total victory over that weakness or evil habit in your life!

Thought For The Day
God’s grace is bigger, deeper, wider and more powerful than all the world’s sins put together.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:49 am

That's why I know I'm a true god-person (for want of a better word)
I truly know how to forgive
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:40 am

eddie wrote:That's why I know I'm a true god-person (for want of a better word)

amen forgiveness is very important as musch for the person who is forgiving, if yoiu don't forgive the bitterness will affect your life..
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:58 pm

heavenlyfather wrote:
eddie wrote:That's why I know I'm a true god-person (for want of a better word)

amen forgiveness is very important as musch for the person who is forgiving, if yoiu don't forgive the bitterness will affect your life..

I can't help,it! I do it because I can always see the other side or why someone might do something? Perhaps I'm making excuses for people and I have been told that I do need to learn to draw the line

There's a word for people like me: doormat No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:11 pm

eddie wrote:Great to see this thread started up again

He wouldn't be posting Christian stuff though, would he?

Perhaps we could have a devotional thread for Muslims too. Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:09 pm

if there is a need or desire for it there will be one Ragga.....
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://speakfree.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Admin wrote:if there is a need or desire for it there will be one Ragga.....

That's what I meant
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:09 am

Nov
1 John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God has for us…
You may know that God cares for you and loves you, and that He demonstrated His love for you by dying on the cross for you, but do you believe it? It is one thing to know about the love that God has for you, but another thing to actually believe it in your heart.

It is one thing to know that the sun shines on us during the day. But it is another thing to believe that the sun is still shining even though we don’t feel its warmth and all we see are dark clouds. Sometimes we are slow in believing God’s love for us when we are going through a tough time. But God wants you to know and believe that He loves you in the midst of the deal falling through, when that job is slow in coming, when the boss is fault-finding or when your child still refuses to come home.

In the midst of the pain, He wants you to know and believe that He is wholly on your side defending and taking care of you. And if God, the most powerful being in the universe, is for you, can anyone or anything come against you successfully?

Perhaps you feel like you have messed up big time. God wants you to know and believe that though others may be angry with you, He will never be angry with you. Neither will He condemn you. The sum total of His anger against your sins fell upon Jesus at the cross. So He wants you to know and believe that He will never punish you because Jesus was punished in your place.

When you feel unworthy because you have just blown it for the umpteenth time, know and believe that your heavenly Father still offers you the gift of no condemnation. So come boldly to His throne of grace to obtain mercy and find grace. (Hebrews 4:16)

My friend, know and believe that since He loved you and died for you while you were still a sinner (Romans 5:Cool at your worst and ugliest, how much more is His love for you now that you are His beloved child and the righteousness of God in Christ! (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Thought For The Day
If God, the most powerful being in the universe, is for you, can anyone or anything come against you successfully?
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:33 am

Nov
Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation…
When the phone rings at odd times, most people think, “Oh dear, it must be bad news.” They don’t think, “I wonder what the good news is that it cannot wait till morning!”

When we hear, “The boss wants to see you,” instinctively, we think, “Oh dear, this is not good.” But how do we know that it is not going to be about a promotion?

Our minds are inclined toward the negative. So to guard our minds against negative thoughts, we are to put on “the helmet of salvation”, which is “the hope of salvation”. (1 Thessalonians 5:Cool

If you are going through a trial right now, putting on as a helmet the hope of salvation means that you have a confident expectation of good coming your way. It means that you choose to believe that this trial that you are going through is only temporary because God will see you through it. It means that you believe that this difficult period will end with your salvation—your preservation, wholeness, wellness and health!

You may not know what is going to happen this week. But one thing you can do is to put on the helmet of the hope of salvation and tell yourself that you are going to have a fantastic week!

“Well, you know, Pastor Prince, you never know what to expect. We hear so much bad news these days—another flu outbreak, another company retrenching its workers…I really hope that I will not be retrenched next. But I cannot be sure. I am keeping my fingers crossed.”

No, my friend, biblical hope is not “I hope so” but “I know so”! You can have a confident expectation of good happening to you because you are not like the people of the world. You are a child of the living God. You have a Savior watching over you. There are more angels given charge over you than there are demons against you. And greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4) There is every reason for you to have a confident expectation of good happening to you!

Thought For The Day

As a child of the living God, you can have a confident expectation of good happening to you.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:06 pm

Amen to that Smile
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Nov
Matthew 18:21
Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
Peter asked the Lord how often he should forgive his brother. The Lord’s answer to him was simple: Up to 70 times seven times. (Matthew 18:22) In other words, all the time!

“Well, Pastor Prince, he does not deserve my forgiveness.”

Neither did you deserve God’s forgiveness.

There is not a single person alive or dead who did not break all 10 of God’s commandments. There is no such thing as a “partial sinner” or “great sinner”. All of us were great sinners when Jesus saved us. And when we realize that we are forgiven much, we will love much. (Luke 7:47)

“Pastor Prince, how can you say that I have broken all of God’s commandments? I have never committed adultery.”

My friend, Jesus said, “If you lust after a woman in your heart, you have already committed adultery with her.” (Matthew 5:28) That is God’s standard. Man looks outward, but God looks inward at the heart. Moreover, if you break one law, you are guilty of all. (James 2:10) So everyone has broken all of God’s commandments. Everyone is a great sinner.

Now, you are no longer a sinner if you have received Christ as your Savior. You are a new creation. But you were a great sinner and God forgave you your huge debt through the death of His Son.

So if someone has wronged you, tell yourself this: “I did not deserve God’s forgiveness, but He forgave me through Christ. So I forgive this person also.” If you say something like, “He does not deserve it,” it makes no sense. Forgiveness is not for people who deserve it. If they deserve anything, it is punishment. But forgiveness means that you extend grace—undeserved favor—like how God extends undeserved favor to you.

Beloved, if you choose to hold on to bitterness, no one suffers but you. You lose your peace, then possibly your health. It is just not worth it. God says to you, “Let go. Forgive them their debts, just as I have forgiven you yours.”

Thought For The Day
When we realize that we are forgiven much, we will love much.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:05 am

Nov
Joshua 1:8
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night…For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
I had always wondered why the Torah (the first five books of Moses) is read out loud by the Jews. Then, a Jewish Christian told me that for generations, they read God’s Word out loud because of Joshua 1:8—“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night…”

The word “meditate” in English means to ponder. But in Hebrew, it is the word hagah, which means to utter or mutter under your breath. In other words, when you meditate on God’s Word, you speak forth or confess His Word instead of just giving it mental assent.

My friend, hagah God’s Word by confessing verses in the areas that you are believing God for breakthroughs. When I was working in sales, I confessed verses like, “Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty…” (Proverbs 3:9–10) In the first year, I became the top salesman in my company! My way was made prosperous and I enjoyed good success.

“Pastor Prince, I am waiting for God to make my way prosperous.”

No, the Bible says that you will make your way prosperous when you hagah God’s Word. So speak forth verses in the areas which you want to see breakthroughs and you will have good success.

Some people have success that destroys them—you don’t see them in church anymore and their family members don’t get to see them either. That is bad success. But when you hagah God’s Word, you will have good success that does not destroy you.

Now, confessing God’s Word does not move God to do things for you. It is not a formula. God had already moved when He gave up Jesus to die for you. However, when you confess His Word, it moves you from a position of doubt to faith. It moves your heart from a position of “Is it true?” to “I believe it!” When that happens, “you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success”!

Thought For The Day
When you meditate on God’s Word, you speak forth or confess His Word instead of just giving it mental assent.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:53 am

Nov
Mark 11:23
For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
God says that we will have whatever we say. So whatever we want to have, we can say it and have it. Unfortunately, we often say what we don’t want to have.

For example, we say, “I don’t know why I go through my money so fast every month. Even when my boss gives me an increment, there never seems to be enough money.” And true enough, we see a lack of money at the end of every month.

You see, you will have whatever you say, good or bad. So why not change what you have been saying to, “From now on, I will have more than enough because Jesus became poor at the cross, so that I might be financially supplied—2 Corinthians 8:9. So lack be gone in Jesus’ name!”

Whatever mountain of difficulty you have, be it a mountain of debt or serious health condition, Jesus says, “For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.”

Jesus highlights the importance of saying by mentioning the word “say” thrice, but the word “believe” only once. Our problem today is that there is more preaching on believing than saying. So the reason people find it hard to walk in faith is that they are not saying enough of the Word.

But if we would focus more on saying God’s Word, faith will come. That is how God quickened Abraham’s faith. He changed Abraham’s saying when He changed his name from Abram to Abraham, which means “father of many nations”. (Genesis 17:5) From then on, whenever Abraham introduced himself, he would say, “Hi, my name is Father Of Many Nations.”

Beloved, declare your abundance, saying, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1) Speak forth your healing, saying, “By Jesus’ stripes I am healed!” (Isaiah 53:5) And you will have whatever you say!

Thought For The Day
Whatever we want to have, we can say it and have it.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:02 am

Nov
Deuteronomy 28:6
Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
In the Jewish community, the promise, “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out”, refers to being blessed in the affairs of one’s daily life, whether in or outside one’s home.

So here, God is saying that you are blessed in your everyday life. Do you believe it? Do you believe that every day, your family and work life are blessed? Or do you think that you are blessed only during Christmas when you receive your gifts and year-end bonus, or when you get that promotion you have been wanting? Perhaps you think that the blessed life only begins when you meet the man or woman of your dreams!

No, my friend, you are blessed every day and you have God’s Word for it. Psalm 68:19 says, “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation!” And because God’s Word says so, believe that every day of your life is loaded with benefits. Every morning, when you get up, believe that it is a day that the Lord has made, and rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24) Start the day expecting it to be loaded with the benefits that God has prepared just for you.

At night, when it is time to sleep, know that you will be blessed when you get up in the morning because there will be another load of benefits from your heavenly Father, who so loves you unconditionally, waiting for you!

You can’t make your blessings happen. But if you will just believe what God has said in His Word and act like it is so, the blessings will manifest in your life. In fact, God wants to bless you more than you want to be blessed! His Word declares it: “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out…Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation!”

Beloved, believe God’s Word. Believe Him for the blessings and you will find yourself loaded with His daily benefits!

Thought For The Day
Start the day expecting it to be loaded with the benefits that God has prepared for you.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Nice x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar of Dibley Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Nov
Acts 3:20–21
…that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things...
As a believer, you have a right to expect restoration of the things that the devil has stolen from you. It may be your health, marriage or finances, but payback time is definitely coming!

Acts 3:20–21 tells us that before Jesus comes back for His church, we will experience “the times of restoration of all things”. What a hope that gives us, knowing that God will restore to us all things before Jesus returns!

My friend, if the devil is attacking you in any area, tell God, “Father, I will not allow the devil to rob me of my health, marriage, children or finances. These blessings are blood-bought and paid for by Your Son!” Claim your restoration in Christ and heaven will hear you.

There will be such times of restoration of all things to the body of Christ that His people will only get better, stronger, healthier, and more successful and glorious! When God restores, even under the old covenant, His people always received much more than what they had originally lost, in terms of quality and/or quantity. How much more will our restoration be under the new covenant because of the shed blood of the Lamb of God!

A divorcee with a teenage son came to our church and accepted the Lord in May 2003. She began to pray for the restoration of her marriage and the reunion of her family. She knew that the chances of this happening were close to zero since she had not met nor spoken with her ex-husband since their divorce 10 years ago. She did not even know if he had remarried. But God caused their paths to cross at a wedding at the end of 2003. Today, their relationship is healed, and together with their son, they worship as a family in church.

Even though what happened for that sister may not happen for every divorced person (God can give you a better spouse and marriage), I believe that God wants you to know that your times of restoration are here. Heaven is waiting to hear you stake your claim for restoration!

Thought For The Day
You have a right to expect restoration of the things that the devil has stolen from you.
Vicar of Dibley
Vicar of Dibley

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:13 am

Nov
Hebrews 2:17
Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
In the Old Testament, the Israelites’ standing as a nation before God was wrapped up in the standing of their high priest. What the high priest was before God, so was the entire nation before God.

If the high priest sinned, he brought guilt on his nation, and God would reject the entire nation no matter how law-abiding the people were or how faithful they were in bringing their sacrifices.

Conversely, if their high priest was without fault and acceptable to God, God would accept the whole nation even if the people were sinful.

Unfortunately, the high priests of Israel often failed because like any human being, they were imperfect.

Thank God that today, you and I have Jesus as our High Priest, who is 100 per cent Man and 100 per cent God. As our High Priest, His standing before God is always right. Jesus is always acceptable and pleasing to the Father. Therefore, we can never lose our acceptance with God because as our High Priest, Jesus only brings righteousness on His people.

In heaven right now, Jesus our High Priest is seated at the right hand of God the Father. (Romans 8:34) This means that God does not look at you. He looks at Jesus. If Jesus is good, you are good. If Jesus is accepted, you are accepted. If God sees Jesus perfect, then He sees you perfect. If Jesus is righteous, then you are righteous. And we know that Jesus our High Priest is good, accepted, perfect and righteous, which means that that is how God sees us!

My friend, you cannot lose your right standing because Jesus Christ is your High Priest. To lose your standing, Jesus has to lose His standing first. But we know that we have in Jesus a High Priest who is perfect and who cannot fail. So you need never be afraid or conscious of your faults when you come before God. Because your standing is completely wrapped up in Jesus your High Priest, you can come to God boldly and receive all that you need from Him!

Thought For The Day
God sees us the way He sees Jesus our High Priest—good, accepted, perfect and righteous.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:30 am

Nov
2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.
The verse tells us that we have “this treasure” in earthen vessels. Who is the treasure? Christ! Who are the earthen vessels here? You and I! Thank God the treasure is in the earthen vessels.

My friend, Christ the treasure is in you. So don’t get frustrated when you see your “earthiness”. You will always be “earthen” as long as you are in your mortal body, but remember that Christ the treasure is in you.

Should you lose your cool with your spouse or children, remember that Christ in you is your patience. When I feel impatient, I don’t pray, “Lord Jesus, give me patience...now!” No, I look to Jesus and I say, “Lord Jesus, I thank You that You are my patience.”

In my younger days and even when I first got married, I had a bad temper. I tried all sorts of anger management techniques, but I never got very far until I told God, “God, I am so frustrated trying to overcome my anger. I give up! I cannot. You can. I rest and depend on You.” Not too long after that, my wife commented, “You know, you have improved in the area of your temper.”

I thought about what she had said and realized that I was not even conscious of the change in me. When family members can see the patience of Christ manifesting through a naturally impatient person, God gets the glory.

Perhaps you are frustrated with your smoking and drinking habits. Or maybe you are discouraged by your feelings of jealousy, distrust, bitterness, depression and defeat. Don’t condemn yourself for being earthen. Don’t try to “cast out” your earthiness. Just realize that you have Christ the treasure in you.

The more you see that treasure in you, the more Christ’s brilliance shines forth in you. And in the midst of your earthiness, God gets the glory as you yourself are transformed from glory to glory! (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Thought For The Day
The more you see Christ the treasure in you, the more Christ’s brilliance shines forth in you.
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next