Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

libere loqui amicus
Please Read NOTICES and RULES

Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside
libere loqui amicus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas ads get even earlier...

2 posters

Go down

Christmas ads get even earlier... Empty Christmas ads get even earlier...

Post by heavenlyfather Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3299130/Asda-fires-shot-Christmas-TV-advertising-war-festive-ad-TONIGHT-starring-Fleur-East-yes-does-earlier-year.html

Asda fires first shot in Christmas TV advertising war with festive ad starring Fleur East... and yes, it does get earlier every year
The 60-second ad will be broadcast during tonight's X Factor show on ITV
It comes despite there still being 54 shopping days left until Christmas Day
The ad features festive scenes and previous X Factor runner up Fleur East
John Lewis, Waitrose and Marks & Spencer will launch their Christmas campaigns next week

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3299130/Asda-fires-shot-Christmas-TV-advertising-war-festive-ad-TONIGHT-starring-Fleur-East-yes-does-earlier-year.html#ixzz3qKMygxWH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

shows how desperate the stores are..
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Christmas ads get even earlier... Empty Re: Christmas ads get even earlier...

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:04 am

It's been Christmas in the shops for several weeks now - even since the end of August really. I don't think they're desperate as such, but Christmas gives them huge profits, so the earlier they start, the better for them. If people didn't buy Christmas stuff so early, the shops wouldn't put it out so early because it would just be taking up room they could use for other stuff.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's been Christmas in the shops for several weeks now - even since the end of August really. I don't think they're desperate as such, but Christmas gives them huge profits, so the earlier they start, the better for them. If people didn't buy Christmas stuff so early, the shops wouldn't put it out so early because it would just be taking up room they could use for other stuff.

i remember when the January sales were all the rage now they reduce stuff at a time when people have to buy that seems crazy to me ..lol
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:56 pm

heavenlyfather wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's been Christmas in the shops for several weeks now - even since the end of August really. I don't think they're desperate as such, but Christmas gives them huge profits, so the earlier they start, the better for them. If people didn't buy Christmas stuff so early, the shops wouldn't put it out so early because it would just be taking up room they could use for other stuff.

i remember when the January sales were all the rage now they reduce stuff at a time when people have to buy that seems crazy to me ..lol

Yes, everyone's more ahead now. It's quite inefficient to have January sales really - it's best to sell stuff off whilst people are out shopping for Christmas. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
heavenlyfather wrote:

Yes, everyone's more ahead now. It's quite inefficient to have January sales really - it's best to sell stuff off whilst people are out shopping for Christmas. Laughing

It probably used to annoy people that they spent good money on gifts only to find them half price a week or so later... Very Happy
heavenlyfather
heavenlyfather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down