Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

libere loqui amicus
Please Read NOTICES and RULES

Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside
libere loqui amicus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Required

2 posters

Go down

Help Required Empty Help Required

Post by BigAndy9 Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:55 pm

30th October 2015

Can anybody else find this news story at a main news outlet please?

This is the murder (to be decided) of an innocent man who didn't make it home from work.

Why isn't this just as important as the death of PC David Phillips?
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/oct/06/merseyside-police-arrest-two-men-over-of-pc-david-phillips

John Breen, 53, was 'knocked to ground and then punched and kicked'

Four Romanian teenage boys wept as they appeared in court yesterday accused of punching and kicking a middle-aged man to death at a busy railway station.

The youngsters became involved in a row on a crowded escalator at Stratford station in East London which then led to a ‘single punch’ killing, a judge heard.

John Breen, 53, was knocked to the ground and allegedly punched and kicked during a brief altercation which centred on ‘barging’ on an escalator.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3295856/Four-Romanian-teenage-boys-cry-court-accused-punching-kicking-man-death-busy-London-railway-station.html#ixzz3q3TqKYFx
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Help Required Empty Re: Help Required

Post by BigAndy9 Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:02 pm

OK, i've actually found some now, but no mention of them being foreigners for some reason:

Ilford teens:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34666868

Four, all from Ilford:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/oct/29/teenagers-charged-with-after-death-of-london-commuter

Surely the reporters all went to the same court?
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:04 pm

Police statement on the court appearance - all from Ilford.

http://media.btp.police.uk/r/12145/update__four_appear_in_court_following_stratford_

So where is the Daily Mail getting their information from?

BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Hundreds of police officers from across the UK have attended the funeral of Merseyside PC Dave Phillips, who died when he was struck by a car.
Mourners were led by Mr Phillips' widow Jen, while daughters Abigail and Sophie lit a candle in memory of their father.
The cortege, led by a pipes and drums band, made its way through Liverpool to the Anglican Cathedral.
Mr Phillips, who was 34, died on 5 October when he was hit by a vehicle in Wallasey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-34681868
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:37 pm

You mean you can't find any more references to them being Romanian?

I'm glad these teenagers were caught. They'll have a long time to reflect on their thuggish behaviour if they're convicted of murder.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You mean you can't find any more references to them being Romanian?

I'm glad these teenagers were caught. They'll have a long time to reflect on their thuggish behaviour if they're convicted of murder.

No. At first i couldn't find any reference to the court case apart from in the Daily Mail - then, as i've said, i found plenty, which led to me noticing there was no reference to them being Romanian.

So my question is why - if the reporters were all in the courtroom, or got their information from a press release - why would only one reporter mention it?

Next, why so little coverage for this innocent man?
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:42 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:You mean you can't find any more references to them being Romanian?

No.  At first i couldn't find any reference to the court case apart from in the Daily Mail - then, as i've said, i found plenty, which led to me noticing there was no reference to them being Romanian.

So my question is why - if the reporters were all in the courtroom, or got their information from a press release - why would only one reporter mention it?

There's quite a lot of coverage now, although not much mention of them being Romanian. Most articles say they're from Ilford.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

No.  At first i couldn't find any reference to the court case apart from in the Daily Mail - then, as i've said, i found plenty, which led to me noticing there was no reference to them being Romanian.

There's quite a lot of coverage now, although not much mention of them being Romanian. Most articles say they're from Ilford.

Errrm... yes, i know (see above).
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:46 pm

I don't understand what your issue is tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't understand what your issue is tbh.

Oh.

Media coverage Ragga.

When the policeman died there was huge threads on Digital Spy about how much coverage it got - the police holding press conferences etc and how little other murder victims get. I kind of agree - our police have every protection possible whereas when you read about other victims (i read about them a lot) slain in the streets by scum - quick mention, move on to the next - also, when i post reports of murders i get many posters saying "pffft - it's normal, it's a Western, modern city - get over it" - has it really come to that?

My other point - why will only one newspaper report the fact that they are Romanian?
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:51 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't understand what your issue is tbh.

Oh.

Media coverage Ragga.

When the policeman died there was huge threads on Digital Spy about how much coverage it got - the police holding press conferences etc and how little other murder victims get.  I kind of agree - our police have every protection possible whereas when you read about other victims (i read about them a lot) slain in the streets by scum - quick mention, move on to the next - also, when i post reports of murders i get many posters saying "pffft - it's normal, it's a Western, modern city - get over it" - has it really come to that?

My other point - why will only one newspaper report the fact that they are Romanian?

Maybe they're not actually Romanian?

It's all over the press now anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Oh.

Media coverage Ragga.

When the policeman died there was huge threads on Digital Spy about how much coverage it got - the police holding press conferences etc and how little other murder victims get.  I kind of agree - our police have every protection possible whereas when you read about other victims (i read about them a lot) slain in the streets by scum - quick mention, move on to the next - also, when i post reports of murders i get many posters saying "pffft - it's normal, it's a Western, modern city - get over it" - has it really come to that?

Maybe they're not actually Romanian?

It's all over the press now anyway.

Re: Help Required
Post by BigAndy9 on Fri 30 Oct 2015 - 13:04

Police statement on the court appearance - all from Ilford.

http://media.btp.police.uk/r/12145/update__four_appear_in_court_following_stratford_

So where is the Daily Mail getting their information from?

Exactly!
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:09 pm

I don't know.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't know.

Same here, hence the title!

Anyway... so, if it is true and the culprits are Romanian - we must ask some questions. But that depends on where the Daily Mail got their info from doesn't it - if it was freely available, why did all other places omit it - are the British public not ready to hear such news? Can we not process it?

If it is made up - maybe all those people were right about the Daily Mail - maybe i should have listened to Philagain and Debunker?
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:15 pm

You didn't say which bit you needed help with when you started the thread though.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You didn't say which bit you needed help with when you started the thread though.

Ah, true, true!
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum