Please Read NOTICES and RULES

Please note that by logging on to this forum You agree to and accept its RULES

What you can see from the outside is only a small sample of whats inside

Europe, The EU & Immigration - The Politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Europe, The EU & Immigration - The Politics

Post by BigAndy9 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 pm

29th October 2015

Two stories today - an American finance/business chief has said America won't do a special trade deal with Britain if it leaves the EU - this comes after Obama urges us to stay in the EU.

And the other story - our population is pretty much out of control and expected to top 70 million in 12 years - this seems to continuously accelerate with each passing year.

OK, i'll kick it off - is there any other reason to stay in the EU other than money? And as for money, does the EU make you and i richer, or just our mighty leaders?
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Re: Europe, The EU & Immigration - The Politics

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:17 pm

as for the yanks tell em to stuff it...and, while they are at it take their bases here home with em

the EU..doesnt make the likes of you or i any better off in any way....In fact it damages our small businesses and injures others with the sensless regulations it keep not only introducing but constantly changing....

Admin
Admin

http://speakfree.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:22 pm

I don't know how I personally benefit from being in the EU, or how I would personally benefit from not being in it.

There are two things that concern me. The first is that the UK should be able to control who comes here without other countries telling them what to do, and the second is that we should be able to remove people from this country without other countries sticking their noses in.

Obama can mind his own business.
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:24 pm

@Raggamuffin wrote:I don't know how I personally benefit from being in the EU, or how I would personally benefit from not being in it.

There are two things that concern me. The first is that the UK should be able to control who comes here without other countries telling them what to do, and the second is that we should be able to remove people from this country without other countries sticking their noses in.

Well, i hate to point out the obvious Ragga, but you just answered the second part of your first sentence.
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:32 pm

@BigAndy9 wrote:
@Raggamuffin wrote:I don't know how I personally benefit from being in the EU, or how I would personally benefit from not being in it.

Well, i hate to point out the obvious Ragga, but you just answered the second part of your first sentence.

Well we do generally control it ourselves when it comes to the refugee crisis I guess, and also our own High Court often scupper the attempts to get rid of undesirables.

I'm hoping that by the time everyone else from Europe has come here, I won't have the need for a job anyway. Laughing
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:37 pm

@Raggamuffin wrote:
@BigAndy9 wrote:

Well we do generally control it ourselves when it comes to the refugee crisis I guess, and also our own High Court often scupper the attempts to get rid of undesirables.

I'm hoping that by the time everyone else from Europe has come here, I won't have the need for a job anyway. Laughing

That's alright then.
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:41 pm

What about trade? Would we lose out by leaving?
Raggamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAndy9 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 pm

@Raggamuffin wrote:What about trade? Would we lose out by leaving?

How does trade work Ragga?

I have something you want to buy, you buy it. If i don't, you don't, but if you have something to buy, well, i think you get it. If we do it cheap enough, we might sell to another country who also sells the same product but at a more expensive price Wink

As for subsidies, i believe it is the weaker, poorer countries who "take" money from the EU budget (our taxes).

BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by heavenlyfather on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:55 am

@Raggamuffin wrote:What about trade? Would we lose out by leaving?

I don't think we would, it seems we import more from the eu than we export, so we might find better friends or they would trade with us any way as they would not want to lose the commerce...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top